Now, who doesn’t want to be successful, have money, and live a happy life. You need to understand that these are the results which you dream of, but to make this dream come alive you need to understand the harsh reality :
“To live the dream you have, you need to spend countless nights awake 🙂 “.
Quoting the late Indian President Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam
“Dreams are not which you see while sleeping, but are those which doesn’t let you sleep “
Get this fact that, the barrier between you and your success is only You. No matter how hard you justify the situations not being in your favor, you will have to digest the fact that in order to be successful one must not only have the intention of success but the determination to make that happen.
The world is filled with innumerable examples of people pushing their way to success no matter what. so if you haven’t achieved success yet, You just didn’t want it as bad as them.
Now its time for some Startup Motivation.
Prime reasons You will always have will be one of these:
1) Its too late to start now.
2)I am too lost in life to know what to do.
3)I have failed far too many times for success to be a possibility.
Let me tell you Even if all these reasons are combined, these are not enough to stop you from being successful.
Let’s discuss each reason one by one. Read till the end to get the the key to success to work for you.
It’s too late to start now
Let’s start with live and popular examples :
- Jan Koum founded Whatsapp at the age of 35.
- Michael Arrington started TechCrunch at the age of 35.
- Tim Westergren started Pandora at the age of 35.
- Jimmy Wales founded Wikipedia at the age of 35.
- Mark Pincus founded Zynga at the age of 41.
- Robert Noyce founded Intel at the age of 41.
- Craig Newmark founded CraigsList at the age of 42.
- Robin Chase founded ZipCar at the age of 42.
- Ray Kroc started McDonald’s at the age of 52.
- John Pemberton invented Coca-Cola at the age of 55.
- Harland Sanders started KFC at the age of 65.
So now you might have understood that “Its never too late to start” and it’s “Better to start late than never”.
I am too lost in life to know what to do
Many famous founders and Personalities were also lost in life before they started-
- Mark Cuban, Dallas Mavericks owner, was a Bartender until 25 in his own bar.
- Suze Orman, Finance Guru, was a waitress until her 30’s.
- Harrison Ford, an Actor and Producer, was a carpenter until his 30’s.
- Pejman Nozad, an Angel Investor, was a rug dealer until his 30’s.
- Sheldon Adelson, Las Vegas Sands founder, sold shampoo and windshield defroster until his 30’s.
- Manoj Bhargava, 5-Hour Energy founder, was a taxi driver and monk until his 30’s.
- J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, an author was a single mom on welfare until 31.
- Ang Lee, Film Director, was a jobless house husband until 31.
- Amancio Ortega, Zara founder, was shirt shop helper until his 30’s.
- Andrea Bocelli, a Singer, was a piano player at bars until his 33.
- Mary Kay Ash, Mary Kay founder, sold books and home goods door to door until 45.
- Ray Kroc, McDonald’s founder, sold paper cups and milkshake mixers until 52.
So even if you are lost in your life, find a way towards your heart and always be ready to hustle your way up towards your dream.
I have failed far too many times for success to be a possibility
Time line of these famous founders will clear this out too-
- Sold Christmas trees -failed
- Published a student magazine
- Started Virgin Records
- Started Gay Night Club
- Started Virgin Airlines
- Founded Virgin Cola and Vodka – failed
- Wedding dresses – failed
- Virgin Galactic
- Coursematch – failed
- Facemash – failed
- Traf-o-Data – failed
- Zeen – failed
- Video Games – failed
- Content Publishing Software
- Space X
- Solar power service
You need to understand that no matter what the outcome was – Failure or Success – the key point is that they never stopped. They kept trying and working things out. Failure is the most important part of success. It teaches us that important lessons of life which we won’t learn even after spending millions of dollars on it.
Now lets address How to never give up on Becoming an Entrepreneur
Persistence is the key :
Let’s assume you are 30 years old now when you are reading this, so you have 60 years from now to work productively. If it takes 3 months to do a big project then that is (60*12)/3 = 240 shots to success. Trust me You Only need it to get it right once and you have to be the world’s most unluckiest person to not hit the bulls eye once. Hard Work and knowledge creates Luck and more the luck you acquire more the chances of success increases. So Don’t Stop. As long you are alive anything is possible.
Lower your Expectations :
Michael Jordan missed over 300 important shots in his life but he is still one of the most successful sportsperson in the world. 99.99% success took TIME. Don’t expect to get it right the first time and never expect all your ideas to work as you expected them too. Lower your expectations and work to change the world for a better place, Keep your faith and success will arrive gift wrapped in your career. The goal should be to make a difference in the world and yourself . If you are at a better place mentally and financially from the place you started, your work was worth it, if not, restart again 🙂 .
Be Strong :
You are stronger than you think. You can’t expect to swim without getting into the water first. You cannot predict the outcome and Trust me you yourself don’t realize how much strong you are unless you try something Brave. I remember these words always as it perfectly define my status as of now.
“It’s okay to be scared, It means you are doing something brave”
Trial and Error is the key :
Yes my friend, ask any Successful individual, all of them will give you the same advice. Get an idea, Try working it out, If it works out the well and good, and If it doesn’t , Don’t Worry, Grasp the errors , Learn from it and Restart again. As Suggested by Paul Graham
“Try a lot of different things.”
Fake it Until you make it :
You need to fake success before it is real. You need to fake confidence before you can complete a project. As Richard Branson says :
“If you get an Opportunity, Take it and Learn How to do it Later”.
Comparison can kill you and your Career. Every one has their own story and what worked for them might not for you. You need to create your own original story and You should believe that yours is the best Cause you made it.
Expect to hit the dip:
Before reaching the finish line, You must expect the worst. Because every leg pains before reaching the finishing line. You never know when the next step will hit the success button. Remember that If you haven’t cried for your success then you don’t deserve it. You can’t make a great body in a day, its accumulation of years of hard work and persistence.
“Start slow, then gain pace, cross milestones, then again drop to slow, and then repeat till the end line is reached”
– A perfect line wriiten by Us to follow to complete a marathon, and life is a marathon :).
I can say from my own experience that You don’t regret what you did but always what you didn’t. I have always believed in these lines from my start, and till now I have always done what I wanted as There is no time to regret in our fast daily life. You don’t want yourself realizing this later on and saying that- “what if I had started working towards my dream, things would have been better than now“. So Gear Up and Start working towards your dream the next moment from now.
P.S. Bookmark this post and read it whenever you feel that situations are not in your favor.
Read About: Why I chose Freelancing?
Read About: Complete Guide to Freelancing and getting your First Client.
Read About: Get Started with Web Development
Read About: Guide to Resolutions this New Year
Want to start Freelancing? Register and start getting Clients on Fiverr.