It’s a great day today and you guys have come 2 giant steps ahead of a large chunk of the population. The view will be more clear from here compared to the view from where you started. The further you move along with us, the more likely you are to accomplish your goals.
Today you will get to know about How to smoothly Install WordPress Theme for the First Time user.
Till now you all must have:
- An idea for your blog
- Researched Keywords for your blog
- A domain name
- A hosting service provider
- Domain pointed towards hosting service provider
- A WordPress framework installed in your domain
If you are missing out on any of the above points, Go back and complete that particular point and come back. You need all the points completed to move forward.
How to Install WordPress Theme
After installing WordPress, you will need to install a beautiful wordpress theme. Now the beauty of WordPress is that there are thousands of free and premium themes available. The problem arrives when the time comes to choose one theme from the pile of available themes.
I recommend you to use these two themes –
- Genesis Framework themes –
StudioPress’s Genesis Framework is almost loved by everyone who knows about it. Genesis Framework is a powerful, secure, SEO friendly and mobile responsive framework that is designed to be used with a child theme.Genesis Framework is the parent theme for WordPress and all the child themes of Genesis are built on the top of this framework. These child themes inherit the functionality of the parent theme.
So if you want to make multiple websites in future , you can buy their pro-plus package which will give you access to all 38 Genesis child themes.
Buy Genesis Framework
- Divi –This is the ultimate wordpress theme that you will definitely love. You can easily create your website from scratch. It’s is not necessary to have coding knowledge to use it.
I personally love this theme. It comes with Divi page builder which makes it very easy to design any page just by drag and drop method.
There are many pre-designed templates available on their website. You can download it and use it on your website.
After you have chosen your theme you will either need to upload your downloaded theme or search for the one in the WordPress theme panel. Let us go to the steps to install wordpress theme.
- Select themes option from the appearance.
- Select the add new option in the panel.
- To upload theme click the upload theme option else to search specific theme using the search bar.
- If you select the ‘Upload theme’ option, you can browse and upload downloaded theme file.
- Else you can Install available themes or preview theme by hovering on the available themes.
- After installing theme, you need to activate the theme for the theme to be used currently.
Now you have learnt how to install wordpress theme on your blog.
Now we will guide you with the essential free plugins you need to install and set up before moving forward.
- Google analytics: This plugin connects your blog with google analytics. It keeps track of your daily visitors and provides detailed information about the traffic like from which source traffic is directed ( i.e Facebook, organic search, instagram).
- Yoast Seo: This plugin is the best free plugin available in the market to optimize your blog for SEO. You will need this to get organic searches ( from google ) to earn from advertisements. ( We will teach you how to use it in coming days)
- All in one wp migration: This plugin seamlessly take backup of your wordpress and help to migrate your whole website it just one click. Backup can be restored in time of need in just one click.
- Akismet Anti-Spam: This plugin helps to prevent bots to spam your comment section.
- Wp Super Cache: This plugin helps to create cache mechanism for your website to make loading time faster for the visitors.
- Broken Link Checker: This analyzes the whole blog for any broken links ( Links that are invalid ) and notifies you in the dashboard.
- Contact Form 7: This helps to create contact form for your website in a minute. The message is mailed to your set mail id.
- Flamingo: This stores the message been sent from the contact form 7 in the database for later use.
- EWWW Image Optimizer: This plugin compresses the images being used in the website to make your articles load faster.
Installation and setup of these plugin is quick and simple process. We will show you how a plugin is searched, installed and activated.
- Click add new from drop down menu from plugins
- Search for the desired plugin and click enter.
- Install the desired plugin by clicking the install button.
- After installing an option will appear to activate it. Upon clicking activate button, the plugin will be available to use.
The setup of the above listed plugins is a straightforward and one time process. If stuck check plugin installation or setup details. If you still can’t find something to work, contact us here, or through our comments, or using any social media handle – facebook or instagram. We will reply every query as early as possible.
If you already know about plugins, you might be thinking that there are more essential plugins required in a blog. We have listed these plugins which are only required to start off. As we all will proceed further, we will ask you to add and use more plugins to increase traffic and engagement for your blog.
Setting up your theme and installing the basic plugins will take you about 2 hours. Try absorbing the process in one go. This will come useful whenever you start a new blog either for your business or for any other niche topic.
Today You learnt How to smoothly Install WordPress Theme for the First Time user.
Thus with these steps, we will conclude the day. Hope to meet you tomorrow, with fresh energy and motivated action.
Read about: Day 4 of 60 Days Blogging Challenge: WordPress Customization.
Read about: Day 2 of 60 Days Blogging Challenge – The Idea.