We are loving your enthusiasm towards this challenge. You may realize that posting contents on our new blog and writing a detailed guide about it here and marketing it socially all in one single day is not an easy task.
Getting passionate bloggers like you as daily readers is something which inspires us to write every single day. Now it is your responsibility to make the full use of our research and hard work. No excuses expected. We believe that you can do it, so there is no reason you shouldn’t. No excuses only Hard Work!
Today we published our first article on TeaAddicted.com. Now we will give a detailed guide on How we published our first article in our blog.
For adding a post you need to go to Post -> Add New in the left menu bar of the admin panel.
The interface looks similar to a new page interface which you edited when you added pages while setting up your Blog.
The text editor is similar to Wordpad. You can add media files from the button provided above.
The featured image of the blog ( Main header image which appears below the heading of every article ) can be set using the set featured image option.
We have installed Yoast SEO plugin yesterday on Day 7 of 60 Days Blogging Challenge. Each page and post can be optimized using the Yoast interface. Below every article, you will notice a interface of yoast which rates the Seo Condition and Readability of your article.
Important points to remember while writing your article –
1) Free plugin of Yoast only allows one focus keyword to be set. So use the researched keyword as focus keyword which you have decided to write the article on Day 1 of 60 Days Blogging Challenge. ( Focus keyword is the search term for which you want your article to come on the first page of Google search results ).
2) The heading of the article must contain the focus keyword.
3) The focus keyword must be in the first paragraph of the article, and in at least one H2 tag. ( In HTML there are multiple levels of header tags used for heading ).
4) The focus keyword must have a density equal to or more than 1%. This means that for every 99 words of your article there should be at least one focus keyword present in your article. So try to use it naturally for as many time you can without making it too redundant.
5) Put your focus keyword in your alt description of your every image present in your article. It can be set by editing the image by clicking the pencil button which comes on hovering the image. The alt tag of the featured image can be edited by clicking on the featured image itself.
6) Add at least one outbound link ( Link towards another website ) and at least one inbound link ( link towards another article or page of your own website ).
You can add a link by selecting a tag and pressing Ctrl +’ k’ to add a link and save it.
Note: Use “open link in another tab” option for both the type of links. Internal and external linking increases your SEO rank much better by those who don’t.
7) The meta description and the SEO title must contain the focus keyword.
8) The slug of the article must contain the focus keyword. If it doesn’t, do consider editing it.
9) The article must contain at least 300 words. Most marketers suggest that the article must be of more than 2000 words for it to have a great SEO rank.
10) Use a great featured image for your article. If you don’t have exceptional photoshop skills you can just use canva.com to edit and make nice looking images. You can get free stock photos from Freepik.com and upload them to the canvas and generate the image.
11) After performing all the tweaks do publish your blog or save it as a draft. The publish area also contains useful information like Seo and readability ratings, author of post and the status of the post.
11) Update your article regularly as Google prefers new information over old ones.
We followed the same rules and written down our first article at TeaAddicted.com, go and check out.
We now want you to write 25 articles in the next 52 days using the same exact strategy. In the meantime, we will regularly post articles on setting up new functionalities to increase your traffic.
Here is a map of what can you expect from us in the next few days:
1) Setting up the newsletter and social sharing buttons
2) Setting up Facebook instant articles and Google Amp
3) Start Social Media marketing once we are ready with at least 5-8 articles.
4) Apply to Google Adsense once we are ready with 10 informative articles.
5) Setup MailChimp and start email marketing once we have a list of at least 5 email subscribers.
6) Setup Fb instant articles ads
7) Setup ads on our blog once our Adsense request gets approved.
8) Open an Amazon affiliate account and generate links to products related to our idea.
and so on……
The list will be endless as we will be doing a lot over the next 52 days.
We want you to develop a daily writing habit. In the next article let us give you an insight of how you can achieve a goal of writing 5 articles a week.
Don’t get scared. It is just a one time work. Once done you will have only the job of marketing your Blog.
Read about: Day 9 of 60 Days Blogging Challenge: How to Write Content Daily?.
Read about: Day 7 of 60 Days Blogging Challenge: Kickstart Your SEO.