We want you to take a moment and flashback your last 2 weeks with us. If you have finished all the steps we gave out, then you must be smiling and feeling proud of yourself. Even if your blog isn’t the best-looking website in the world, but it sure does exist and improve over time. So that must not be a matter of concern to anyone. be confident and flaunt off your blog to everyone. And if you don’t like any part of it, don’t feel bad, just work hard and improve it.
Now the fun fact is: There isn’t a blog which you can term as a perfect one.
Now the difference between Successful Survivors and Impatient Losers are:
- Both know what is the problem within their blogs, but Successful Survivors accept their problems and improve over time whereas Impatient Losers keep ignoring the problems and make situations worse for themselves.
- When a plan doesn’t work out Successful Survivors change the plan whereas Impatient Losers get fed up and give up on their goal.
- Both start off with a spike in their productivity graph but Successful Survivors soon realize the need for slow, steady and planned strategy whereas Impatient Losers keep believing in fast action and result. End result: Impatient Losers get impatient and guess what, they quit.
So now you must have got what we are implying here. We moved here to this point quickly. But from here we will move slowly, steadily in a planned manner. In this way, you will your time to make sense of what is happening, what is about to happen and what you need to do to make that happen.
Today we will revise what we have done till now. We will give you our update on our child blog – Teaaddicted.com.
- First of all we formed the idea for our Blog. Our first child blog is based on what we could write about easily – Tea.
- We accumulated 25 keywords on which we will focus our articles on.
- We bought domain Teaddicted.com from Namecheap and a hosting server from A2Hosting.
- We pointed the nameservers from Namecheap towards A2Hosting server.
- We installed wordpress in our server.
- We installed Genessis Framework + Cookd Pro theme on our blog. It costed us around 78$.
We installed these necessary plugins
- Google analytics
- Yoast Seo
- All in one wp migration
- Akismet Anti-Spam
- Wp Super Cache
- Broken Link Checker
- Contact Form 7
- EWWW Image Optimizer
- We started customizing our theme.
- We designed and uploaded our new logo.
- Header, footer and body element were customized for a clean look.
- We gave you a tour of our blog.
- We made our facebook page, instagram account, and pinterest account.
- We installed Yoast seo plugin.
- We opened our Google search console account.
- We linked Yoast to Google search console and optimized our website configuration to boost SEO presence.
- We published our very first article on Teaddicted.com.
- We gave out a detailed guide on how to write your first article and optimize it to get organic search hits form google using yoast seo panel.
- We provided detailed strategy on How to write content daily.
- We opened up our Mailchimp account and made a mailing list.
- We installed Sumo me plugin.
- We setup Sumo me and connected it with Mailchimp to make our first newsletter popup service active for collecting email id’s from interested visitors.
- We gave out several non generic SEO Tweaks: Tips and Tricks to boost your SEO. This was listed from our own experience. You may not find most of them anywhere else.
- We gave out invaluable tips to grow your Facebook page and increase your reach.
Our Look of the updated child blog :
So this all has been achieved in 13 days. Creating so much invaluable content for you people wasn’t an easy task for us. Though it may seem like that we are professional writers who are publishing articles from ages, but the truth is we aren’t even close to professional.
If you study the history of Weboftwo blog, In the last month –
- We have increased from 1 post a week to 1 post a day.
- We have increased from 10-15 page views a day to 100+ page views a day
- We have increased our Facebook posts reach from 400 in 7 days to 2500+ in 7 days.
- We have increased organic searches from 0 a day to 25+ a day
Well, these are small achievements we have made which we are proud of. We treat ourselves for every little small progress that is made ( Which is basically: Getting a salad or subway or milkshake form our favorite outlets or Taing a day off for watching a movie or Binge watching a whole T.V. series ). This keeps our spirit high and motivates us to work harder and smarter.
So this was all for today. We want you people to like our facebook page and share your progress or queries there.
Stay Motivated and Keep Webbing
Read about: Day 14 of 60 Days Blogging Challenge: Go Social Part 3: Instagram Tips
Read about: Day 12 of 60 Days Blogging Challenge: Go Social Part 2 – Facebook Tips