When a user buys a domain from a different domain registrar like Godaddy and buy Hosting service from another provider like A2Hosting or Inmotion Hosting, then the user needs to change nameservers of the domain pointing from original domain registrar ( Godaddy in our case ) to the namservers of the hosting provider.
The process is not complicated as it sounds. Every domain registrar and hosting service have their own nameservers. We just need to replace the original nameservers with the respective one.
Process to change nameservers for domain pointing:
- For this first search the nameservers of your hosting service and keep a note of that. For example, we used shared service of Inmotion Hosting as an example here.
- Then access your domain settings by visiting domain registrar website.
- Replace the original nameservers with the nameservers of your hosting provider and save them. ( It usually takes 0-24 hrs for the change to propagate).
- Now visit the panel of your hosting service and click on Addon domains.
- Add your domain to the panel and delegate a folder which contains the website files.
The nameservers is now changed and the domain is now pointing towards the hosting provider.
So today we laid down the process describing How to change nameservers for domain pointing. Hope we covered all the steps in detail. Comment down below or contact us for any support required.