We hope that you have at least published one article till now. If yes, then please leave your articles link in our comment section or in our Facebook page so that we can feature them. Extra traffic never hurts.
Today I will provide you some tweaks to boost your SEO rank and structure. It will be a short informative article but the implementation can take a few hours. So clear your head and let’s start.
Note: Today’s article is for general bloggers and is not limited to wordpress users.
SEO Tweaks: Tips & Tricks
- Google and other search engines always take at least 3 months to send traffic towards your website. So continuously update and publish posts and minimize crawling error to strengthen your domain authority over time.
- The headline and the tagline of your article must be clear.
Incomplete Headline – Day 11 of 60 Days Blogging Challenge
Complete Headline – Day 11 of 60 Days Blogging Challenge: SEO Tweaks – Tips & Tricks
The first headline doesn’t clarify what the article contains but the 2nd one clarifies what the article is actually about.
- Always start with decent introductory content. Write at least 1-2 paragraphs describing the article. Search engines can treat it as an excerpt while crawling and indexing your page. So whenever a relevant search query is made the introduction will be treated as the guide to your article.
Now the meta description of the article which can be edited in Yoast panel (present at the bottom of post editing page ) is usually displayed in search results if that is not filled then the introductory content serves as the meta description.
- The featured image of the article must be clear and related to the content. It must be attractive enough for users to click and read your article. Only text strains the eyes of the reader, images act as strain reliever so always use an optimum number of images in between the article.Always choose great image caption. This is very important. If someone wants to speed read your article, your images and its caption might serve the purpose and provide a concise summary of the content.
Note: Always insert the focus keyword in the alt tag of all the images including the featured image. Also, the name of the image must make sense. Don’t use random words and jargons for naming your images. Always decide a naming convention.
Spider Tip: Include your site name as a prefix with all the alt tags, image name and as a watermark in the bottom over all the images if possible. It helps to strengthen domain authority.
- Try to use the action-oriented headline. It increases readability and forces the users to click the headline and view the article.
Headline 1 – “Optimization of your website”.
Headline 2 – “Optimize your website now”.
You can clearly understand that Headline 2 is more likely to be clicked as it subconsciously asks for action. It is commonly called click to action strategy.
The more clicks of your headline, more the preference of search engine towards your domain’s article.
- Try not to use copyright images. Use free resources like Flickr, free images and Freepik.
- Always optimize your image. Speed plays an important role in SEO. Use EWWW optimizer for optimizing images in WordPress.
Online image optimization websites : Image Optim, jpegmin, Kraken.io, PunyPng, Yslow.
- You can search keywords from Moz explorer, Google Adwords, Spyfu.com, Google trends, Yoast Suggest.
- Heading name must always be in the H1 tag. ( WordPress has got this covered ).
- Never include H1,H2 and H3 tag in sidebar.
- Always use optimum amount of internal links in every single post. It makes google crawl those articles.
- Try and leave links to your articles on other websites and social media as much as possible. This links are known as inbound links. As the number of quality inbound links increase, more the domain authority will increase.
- The navigation of your website decide
– How much time your visitors spend on your website. So make your content easier to navigate.
– Whether your visitors convert or not like through Buying product or Regular Readers or Sign up Newsletter
– Number of indexed pages of your website.
- Every post must link to review pages or other helpful articles.
- Robots.txt file is the wall between your website and search engines. Learn how to read, understand and code the file.
So these were few very important tips to boost your SEO score in search engines. Share this articles to those who are missing out on these crucial points. Make sure to implement all of these on your Blog because this will decide the level of monetary income in the coming months.
So this was all for today. We hope we will see you people tomorrow again. Till then
Work Smart and Keep Webbing!
Read about: Day 12 of 60 Days Blogging Challenge: Go Social Part 2 – Facebook Tips.
Read about: Day 10 of 60 Days Blogging Challenge: Gearing up Neswletter.