Today is the Day 1 of 60 days blogging challenge and we will discuss on How to get the Perfect Blogging Idea for Beginners.
Hope you are ready to take the leap.
You don’t have to be Great to start, but you have to Start to be great.
Just take the first step today, I know for sure you will not regret this even for a moment.
The monetary outcome of this challenge may or may not be favourable, there may be days where you will feel like giving up, but at the end of the day, I can assure you that you will fall in love with the process and you will see yourself come a long way ahead from where you started.
It all starts with an idea and courage is required to implement it. We promise that at the end of the challenge all the hardship, all the work, all the stress, and all the faith put in it will be worth it.
So Spiders, fasten your seat belt, This ride is going to be a bumpy one.
Now starting a blog requires a plan.
The plan is broadly divided into 5 Broad Steps and it goes Like This.
- Getting the blogging idea for beginners – This is the most important part of starting a blog. One cannot just start a blog based on any idea that looks nice enough to try. Proper competitor research, people’s interest, number of people searching for that content, community present, trending activity on that content – all of this needs to be considered on deciding the idea of the blog.
- Blog setup – After the idea you need a domain name, a hosting provider, a framework to use like WordPress, proper plugins to use, and social media account setups.
- Add content – after the first two part is complete, You can concentrate on writing great content for your Blog.
- Promote Content– Use social media to promote your content.
- Monetization – After a while when you have generated great content with daily traffic visiting your Blog, it will be time to earn money for your Blog.
Today we will go over the The First Part of the Plan That is Forming The Perfect Blogging Idea for Beginners:
Your idea is the only thing that will separate your Blog and content from the rest of the crowd.
You need a clear perspective on How do you want to shape your contents so that all the contents added will reflect one clear motto of the Blog.
For example, We made our personal blog weboftwo.com to make it a reflection of our personal thought and skills. We want this to become a Brand which will automatically make us the Brand. We don’t want to earn money through ads. We want people to know us, appreciate our knowledge, we want our readers to get some great value from our works, which will surely reward in the long run. ( We sure have some affiliate links added, but all of them are added as we actually use them and we know how awesome and useful these products are for us.)
Now when we took up this 60 days Blogging challenge, We decided that we will form an idea, launch a blog as we will write down the whole course and use it as an example or you can say as an experiment for you to judge that the ideas shared and resources shared are actually useful or not.
Now, let us move on to the few types of Blog which are running in the market and How they are earning out of it.
- The Guide or How to do stuff: The most common type of blog, the owner lists contents on how to do stuff and earn money through ads and affiliate income. The Perfect example of this is – shoutmeloud.com ( By the way we also got inspired by the owner Harsh Agarwal ( He calls himself a Blog Scientist ).
- Personal Diary: People usually write out their own experience and opinion like traveling or about food recipe or their views on a product or a Hotel. These Bloggers earn through ads, affiliate income and doing paid reviews. Some of them also make a blog to display or promote their portfolio to get attention and convert visitors into clients.
- Business Blog: Most businesses such as Shopify have their own blog where they occasionally post informative articles which have a clear motto of promoting their products to the readers while providing valuable information.
Now, these are broad types of blogs available in the market. Some blogs are a mixture of these broad types. They have an element of all the types of blog present in theirs.
Here at this 60 days blogging challenge, we will make a blog which will be based on only a specific niche. We will monetize it by setting up ads and affiliate links. We will get traffic through the search engine, social media communities and through ads.
Now the hot question of the hour is:
How to get an IDEA!
Basically what we will do here is use some tools and find a niche suitable for us and set up a blog revolving around researched keywords and trending contents.
Step 1: Make a list of hobbies or narrow topics
Think about on what narrow topic you can write articles without breaking a sweat. ( This is for your first blog, if you start earning money you can hire writers for cheap from fiverr, linkedin, facebook groups or from freelancer. )
Make a list of at least 5 topics so that if one gets out you will still have other topics to rely on.
Step 2: Research the topics
Now go to Spyfu.com or Google adwords keywords planner or Moz explorer or Buzzsumo and enter your topic to see what people are searching.
I strongly recommend them as I use them personally and their basic features are available for free.
You can enter any keyword and get suggestions on the keyword being searched the most, articles being shared the most, highest paid keywords, etc.
So here is what we did.
I am personally a hardcore tea drinker and I cannot live without it. So we decided that this is a broad category where we can write content without breaking a sweat.
So next we searched the word tea in Google Adwords planner and in Spyfu.com to get an idea which keywords are searched and how much traffic it receives and what the cost per click on that keyword.
Then we took those keywords and searched it on Google and analyzed the competitors. We got an idea of the content available in the market and we believed that we can provide a better content. So we decided to use this keyword.
Similarly we made a list of 20-30 keywords on which we will focus articles on.
Now There is a monetary aspect of choosing keywords. This is a researched method and we will provide you once you go and like our Facebook page and subscribe to our newsletter. On successful subscription, you will receive a researched method to pick keywords which will lead you to earn money through Google Adsense and other ad networks. A set of 25-30 keywords can earn you at least 500$ per month of ad income through Google Adsense which is the lowest paying ad network. There are a whole lot of better Adsense alternatives, we will discuss them in the coming days.
Step 3: Make a plan
Now that you know which topic to choose, use a spreadsheet and lay out the keywords which you can use and arrange them in respect to decreasing priority. Priority can be set according to the traffic of keyword, monetary income on the keyword, the competition of the keyword.
Now this excel sheet is the heart of your blog which will decide the traffic it receives in future. This will also decide how much will you earn from it. So take your time and choose wisely.
Note : This method can also be used for already established blogs.
So Spiders, this will at least take a day. So we conclude the Day 1 of 60 days of Blogging Challenge: How to get the Perfect Blogging Idea for Beginners
We hope that you earned great value from us, and hope this guide will help you to grow your blog.